General Manager – Town Shoes
There’s no place like Town! We have the hottest brands, teams who love shoes & fashion, unlimited career opportunities, EPIC training and a top-notch reward program. Town Shoes Limited has been part of the Canadian retail landscape for over 60 years! We are a fashion footwear retailer with nearly 200 retail locations across five banners. Our people make the difference at Town Shoes Limited! We are a diverse group of energetic, passionate and innovative footwear enthusiasts delivering EPIC service!
As a motivational General Manager, you have a passion and flair for the fashion industry as well as being a trend setter. You excel at leading and developing a strong team of Stylists that deliver a memorable customer experience to your clientele while achieving sales targets.
- Drives and maximizes sales performance to consistently achieve the overall financial budget goals, while ensuring operational integrity and monitoring monthly profitably.
- Supports strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Seeks to be aware of and can articulated to the team the amazing Town Shoes brand assortment!
- Lead the team to consistently establish relationships with new clientele, nurtures existing customers in order to build brand loyalty
- Demonstrates through on-the-floor presence the EPIC selling behaviours
- Upholds high quality store experiences for the internal and external customer.
- Keep up-to-date on market trends and how those trends may have an impact on sales.
- Shares knowledge about the latest products or trends with the team.
- Creates weekly schedules by analyzing peak hours to ensure optimal floor coverage.
- Follows and maintains all company policies and procedures including Operations, Human Resources and Loss Prevention.
- Supports and maintains visual merchandising standards.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Tech savvy and is interested in social media.
- Coach the team, manage the annual performance review process and provide feedback during the goal-setting process.
- Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team.
- Build a pipeline of talent.
- Responsible for the onboarding experience of new hires.
- Minimum of three years of Sales management experience in a retail or luxury retail setting.
- Represents the Town Brand and understands the competitors
- Has led a commission sales team with a focus on exceptional customer service and a proven track record in driving a customer experience that builds loyalty and leads to the achievement of financial results.
- Passionate about the fashion industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to inspire our core values Honesty, Enthusiasm, Accountability and Respect
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- University Degree/College Diploma preferred
If you love shoes as much as we do…APPLY NOW!
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest in Town Shoes Limited. Only Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Town Shoes Limited is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process. We will work with Applicants to accommodate all accessibility needs.